top of page


Our Internal Dispute Resolution Scheme

We hope you are delighted with our services, but if you have any complaints you should contact us, you are able to do so through multiple channels.

At Salt&Lime, we commit to take responsibility to work with you to resolve your questions and complaints at your first point of contact with us.


You should explain the details of your complaint as clearly as you can.  You may do this verbally or in writing.  When we receive a complaint, we will attempt to resolve it promptly. However, we encourage you to refer your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) should Salt&Lime's resolution not be satisfactory. 

We take your feedback seriously and will work proactively to investigate and resolve your complaint. If you have a complaint please contact us by any of the following methods:

  • Email:

  • Phone: 1300 702 202

  • Website: Via our 'Contact Us' form here, or via live chat

  • In writing: PO BOX H29, Australia Square, NSW 1215

  • Social media: Facebook (Salt&Lime), Instagram (@saltandlimeau)

Any material relating to the Internal Dispute Resolution (“IDR”) process will be provided to you free of charge.


We will collect certain information from you, including:

  • Your name;

  • Your contact details;

  • How you would prefer to be contacted;

  • A description of your complaint; and

  • How you would like the complaint resolved. 


We will acknowledge your complaint, generally within one (1) business day, and give you the details of how you can contact us regarding your complaint.

The person responsible for dealing with your complaint will commence their investigation and may require further details from you. Upon completion of their investigation, the person responsible for dealing with your complaint will contact you and may, depending upon the circumstances, provide you with an IDR response. This will provide you with information about:

  • the final outcome of your complaint at IDR; and

  • your right to take the complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (“AFCA”) if you are not satisfied with the IDR response and how to contact AFCA.


Except where your complaint involves hardship, an IDR response is not required to be provided to you when a complaint is resolved by the end of the fifth (5th) business day of receipt of the complaint, where we have:

  • resolved the complaint to your satisfaction; or

  • given you an explanation and/or apology when no further action to reasonably address the complaint can be taken.


A written response will be provided if:

  • you request a written response; or 

  • the complaint is about hardship.


Timeframe for resolving complaints

We endeavour to resolve all complaints as quickly as practicable. Many complaints can be resolved within days or on the spot. We will keep you informed in relation to your dispute and will provide you with an IDR response within the following timeframes:

  • Complaints involving default notices

    • No later than twenty-one (21) calendar days after receiving the complaint.

  • Complaints involving hardship notices or a request for postponement of enforcement proceedings

    • No later than twenty-one (21) calendar days after receiving the complaint.

  • All other complaints

    • No later than thirty (30) calendar days after receiving the complaint

Exceptions apply where we do not have sufficient information to make a decision or if an agreement is reached with you.​

Our External Dispute Resolution Scheme

If your complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to our external dispute resolution provider, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) for an independent review by contacting them on:

Mail:     GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001

Phone: 1800 931 678



Their services are free of charge.

Need help making a complaint?

Interpreter services

If English isn’t your first language, you can access a free interpreter service through Translating and Interpreter Services (TIS) at This service is provided by the Department of Home Affairs and is available in over 150 languages. Please let us know if you’d like us to arrange this service for you.


Authorising someone to help you
You can appoint someone (must be 18 years or older) to manage your complaint on your behalf, for example, a friend or family member, a legal or accredited representative, or financial counsellor. Generally, we’ll talk to your representative if you authorise us to do so but in some instances, we may need to get more information (such as their accreditation) from them first.

This policy was last updated on 30th November 2022, Version 2.

bottom of page